Happy Mother's Day!
Greetings to all our fabulous families of Brant!
I love how all the green is springing forth after the rain, though I am not as excited to see the mosquitos so early (be sure to send spray if your child needs it). The students have been enjoying the sunshine and we have had good days at school this week. Whether it was the Mother’s Day Tea with the kindergartens, the rugby team playing in Okotoks or student work going up on our Write On! Board, there are great things happening everywhere!
- This coming Thursday, May 18th, we have a group of Hudson Bay fur trade era reenactors coming to present to our students. There will be a log cabin, tents and a number of items for students to check out throughout the day. I am encouraging students to dress in old-timey clothing that day, to get into the spirit of the reenactment.
- On May 26th we are having our Penny Carnival. We are looking for a few parent volunteers to come and help, but if you want to come out and join in the fun and community, you are more than welcome to join us starting at 1:45.
- Our annual sports day is taking place on June 1st. Volunteers are needed and you can sign up with the link below.
- Brant’s fine arts program is doing the spring concert on June 6th, starting 7pm at the High River Baptist Church. Come out and see what our students have been learning in music this year!
- Our grad chapel is taking place on June 7th starting at 2:30. This is a chance for our students to celebrate our grads before their grad ceremony.
- Finally, don’t forget to register for a great day of community fun and play in the Brant golf tournament taking place at the Nanton Golf Club on June 10th.
As we approach grad for our grade 12s we are pleased to announce our Valedictorian. Hezekiah Bouthillier has been chosen based on his outstanding academic achievements and will be delivering the address to the graduating class. Please join me in congratulating him on his achievement.
● Golf Tournament - volunteersignup.org/LRHM3
● Building Maintenance Volunteer - volunteersignup.org/WEE3E
● Sports Day - volunteersignup.org/LBRFL
● Little Britches Parade - volunteersignup.org/QHXYX
● Brant Penny Carnival - volunteersignup.org/YTAPC
● Snacks for Teacher Appreciation (June 19-23) - https://volunteersignup.org/LXFAK
We want to wish a special blessing to all the mothers of our students at Brant. We pray that you feel celebrated and cared for this weekend. We recognize the many hours you spend not just with your family, but with your community, church and at our school, helping to make things run smoothly. We thank you for all that you do, and know that our Father in Heaven sees all the time and care you provide selflessly. God bless you all this weekend.
Quinn Barreth, Principal