Happy Mother's Day
Posted on May 6th, 2018
Happy Mother's Day to everyone. Although I hope that each of you honour your mothers throughout the year, I trust that on May 13 you will do something special to let them know how much you appreciate their work. To all the mothers reading this message; thank you for your faithfulness. You will never truly understand the impact your efforts have made on the lives of your children and everyone else you have come in contact with.
This week will be an exciting one for our grade 7/8 class as most of them leave for Camp Little Red Wednesday after school. They will be returning on Friday in the afternoon. Thank you to Mrs. Kielstra and Mr. Doerksen who will be the chaperones for this much anticipated outing. The trip is an excellent time for students to get to know each other in a different setting. We wish them safety in their travels and their time at camp.
On Friday of this week, Brant Christian will be holding an information meeting at the Christian Reformed Church in High River from 8:00 - 10:30 AM for anyone who would like to come and find out more about our school. Drop in whenever it is convenient. Please let your friends and neighbours know about this opportunity.
May is a month filled with many activities. Please take note of the following events and post them to your refrigerator calendar:
- No School on May 14. Teacher PD
- May 15 Senior High track meet in Coalhurst. Start time is 4:00 PM
- May 16 Spring Concert, High River Baptist Church. 7:00 PM Performers include both band groups, jr/sr choir, grade 1-4 singers.
- Little Britches Parade in High River. Our school float is entered. Parade starts at 10 AM
- No School May 21 Queen Victoria Day
- No School May 22 Last PD day of the year!
- May 23 Junior High track meet in Vulcan. Start time is 9:30
- May 24. Hanging baskets of flowers arrive at the HR Baptist church. Pick-up will start at 3:00 PM
- May 29 High school Ottawa trip for 2019 Parent/student information meeting. Full Gospel Church at 7 PM
Thank you for your on-going support and prayer for our school.